Information For Authors
INFORMATION FOR BOOK AUTHORS AND EDITORS
No fees and charges are required for sending and publishing books in the RCASB series. No book processing charge (BPC) is applied. If a book is accepted for publication, the author(s) will receive a free PDF of the book published on the website and a liberal copyright policy. Copyright for books published in this series is under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY), with first publication rights granted to the RCASB series. By their appearance in this diamond open access book series, books are free to use, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. Books are freely available from the website to the wider public with permitted reuse.
The authors keep the rights to further publish their contents where they want and can archive pre-print and post-print of the publisher's version of the PDF of their books with no embargo period.
If the book is a collective work with different authors for each chapter, all the chapters are collected by the book editor(s) who upload the book proposal (and the whole book) to the RCASB website acting as the only corresponding person of the book. All contacts are made exclusively between the corresponding editor of the book and the RCASB series Editors-in-chief that will not contact or interact with the single chapter's author(s).
1st step. Book proposal submission
Submission of a book proposal is made by the corresponding author/editor. It implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis or other publications of Gruppo del Colore – Associazione Italiana Colore), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors involved and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work/research was carried out. If accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English, Italian, or any other language. The corresponding editor/author should carefully check the book through our Plagiarism policy to verify its originality. Download the book proposal form v4 with instructions for editor/author(s), fill in all the information required, and upload to this website with Make a Submission.
2nd step. Book submission checklist, declaration, and verification
If a book proposal has been accepted, the following list may be helpful for checking a book before submitting it to the RCASB series for review. Before sending a book to the RCASB series, read our Ethical Code and Plagiarism policy and ensure that the following items are present for each chapter:
- Author(s) with affiliation/organization.
- Corresponding author with contact details (e-mail).
- Main text: Introduction, objective, method, results, conclusions.
- (If applicable) Figure and figure captions.
- (If applicable) Table and table captions.
- Declaration of funding sources.
- Declaration of conflict of interest.
- (If applicable) Acknowledgment.
- (If applicable) Notes.
- References (all references mentioned in the Reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa).
- Short biography (max 50-60 words) for each author.
- The manuscript must be written in good English (both American and British English are accepted, but consistently and not as a combination of these two) or Italian.
- Authorization for the use of copyrighted material from other sources has been obtained.
- The Transfer of Copyright (ToF) form(s) has been compiled, signed, and uploaded together with the book:
- If the book is a monograph, the author(s) must upload the ToF of the whole book (download the book ToF form).
- If the book is a collective work with different authors for the chapters, all the transfer of copyright of the chapters (download the chapter ToF form) must be collected by the editor(s) and uploaded together with the book. The editor must also upload the ToF of the whole book.
- Book formatting: in compliance with the required layout, the book's formatting is the sole responsibility of the editors/authors; no service is provided by the publisher and the RCASB series Editors-in-chief. Please download and consult the Book Chapter Format for further details and instructions.
The corresponding editor/author will receive an e-mail with the .pdf file of the book verified within the guidelines of the RCASB series before the publication. Authors are asked to annotate and upload their edits on the PDF version and send it back with their corrections in maximum a week time to avoid delay in the publication process.
These page proofs should be used only for checking the typesetting, editing, completeness, and correctness of the text, tables, and figures. Significant changes to the books as accepted for publication will not be allowed. All corrections must be sent back in one communication, so check carefully before replying. Proofreading is solely the editor/author's responsibility. The corresponding editor/author will be solely responsible for ensuring that the revised version of the manuscript incorporating all the submitted corrections receives the approval of all the co-authors of the manuscript.